Headquartered in Cluj-Napoca, Romania and with offices in Zurich, Frankfurt, Oradea and Munich, Accesa is a privately-owned company with a distinctive people-first culture that thrives on engineering proficiency. Over the past 16 years, it has been focusing on problem-solving through technology that seamlessly integrates into people’s lives, driving value for both businesses and their customers. The company is committed to delivering a 5-star experience for all their customers and a fulfilling career for its people.
With over 700 professionals, within more than 20 competence centers, Accesa is establishing itself as an employer of choice for engineers looking to consistently have a real, tangible impact through their work. Partnering with companies in Retail and Consumer Goods, Manufacturing and Automotive to Banking and Insurance, Accesa helps businesses and people embrace flexibility, adaptability and evolution within their digital journey.
About the project
Accesa will manage the client's Microsoft SQL Server environment, utilizing an advanced set of management components that provide stability and security for the database, delivering the performance and availability required by critical applications. We will work together with the client to understand specific workload requirements. Then we will configure, provision, optimize, and manage the Microsoft SQL Server databases and platform accordingly.
Our team is composed of 2 colleagues who are already working in this setup for the past 2 years.
- Manage SQL Server databases
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Monitor system's health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security
- Analyze, solve, correct issues in real time and ensure accurate data replication
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide suggestion for solutions and support for critical production issues
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities
Real impact one step at a time
A key part of the role is to analyze, propose and implement improvements and optimizations to the running systems, processes and workflows.
Alongside performing day to day tasks, you’ll have the opportunity to improve both your technical skills (by working with different tools and platforms) and your soft skills (by taking part in trainings).
The team is backed-up by a competence center that supports professional development according to the individual needs and the project context.
- 3+ years of working experience with various database management systems
- At least 2 years of experience of high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Exposure to a heavily used, highly available, 24x7 enterprise platform
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, Postgres, MySQL or MS SQL
- Familiar with Microsoft SQL Server, OLAP, Transact-SQL (T-SQL), installation, performance tuning, SLA development, tuning, backup, recovery, capacity forecasting
- Experience in indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching
- Skilled in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability strategies with database systems including clustering and replication
- Ability to install and configure database software
- Good command of English, both written and speaking
Willing to develop
- Knowledge of SAN and networking technologies
- Experience with Linux and Shell scripting
- Familiarity with Windows Server administration and PowerShell
At Accesa you can:
Join self-managed communities of IT experts that co-design their own learning programs. Be part of a cell-based organization where we favor agility over rigid processes and freedom over control.
Enjoy a holistic benefits program which empowers your:
- Work-Life Balance: home office, flexible schedule, parenting workshops, vacation package
- Physical Well-being: in-house fitness instructor, themed workshops, nutrition counseling, private medical insurance
- Social Well-being: hobby clubs to support your passions, improve workshops, team building activities, social events
- Emotional Well-being: in-house certified coach, focus and mindfulness apps, emotional intelligence (EQ) workshops, CPI personality assessments
Join the team
Whether you’re interested in our services or you would like to learn more about our company, we are happy to provide you with the information you need.