Part of the Ratiodata Group, Accesa is a leading technology company headquartered in Cluj-Napoca, with offices in Zurich, Oradea and Munich. Over the past 16 years, the company has been establishing itself as an employer of choice for IT professionals who are passionate about problem-solving through technology and want to have a measurable impact through their work.
A trusted partner for major brands in Retail, Consumer Goods, Manufacturing, and Automotive, Accesa helps businesses embrace flexibility, adaptability and evolution within their digital journey, through a large spectrum of tailored IT services, leveraging mainstream, niche, as well as legacy technologies. With more than 700 IT professionals in its 20+ competence centres, Accesa is building a distinctive people-first culture that enables their people to thrive, their clients’ business to evolve and end users to succeed.
About the project
A big fashion industry retail store is moving its existing monolithic eCommerce application into a microservices architecture that is easily deployable and scalable in the Cloud using Kubernetes and similar technology stacks.
The new eCommerce system, which serves two fashion brands, is built with PHP 7.3 and Symfony 4.4 and follows the community's guidelines for providing a maintainable and clean code. The frontend is using custom decoupled storefronts built with Angular 8.4. The database engine powering the application is MySQL, while the searching is done using ElasticSearch.
Accesa joined the project in July 2020 with two colleagues PHP developers and is continuing to expand and strengthen the team. We are a growing community with diverse skills and knowledge base. In terms of efficiency, we are focused on strong communication, both within the team and with our peers from the customer side.
- Write clean code in an autonomous manner, taking into consideration also code maintainability and testing processes
- Get involved in features analysis and specifications descriptions, starting from the feature request up to production delivery
- Actively take part in the knowledge sharing process within the team
- Be an active member in improving the code base through code reviews and proactively make improvement suggestions
- Provide solutions that will solve complex problems and scale easily for larger traffic web apps
- Collaborate with the team on architecture and design decisions, driving the platform direction
Real impact one step at a time
You will have an impact on the project’s evolution, as well as the chance to contribute with your own ideas and expertise in building a successful relationship with the client.
In this role, you will interact with different stakeholders to understand the business context and support them in the digitalization process. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and have the opportunity to contribute with solutions to improve our customer’s technological ecosystem.
The team is backed-up by a competence center that supports professional development according to the individual needs and the project context. We are ready to support and facilitate sustainable learning paths for each member. All in all, we strive to enjoy the work we do, both individually and as a team.
Match your skills
- Good working knowledge of PHP object-oriented programming and general OOP principles
- Understanding of design patterns and data structures
- Experience with PHP Unit and/or other testing frameworks
- Skilled in using Symfony, Laravel, or other PHP frameworks
- Hands-on knowledge of PHP standards (PSR)
- Experience using debugging tools and flows
- Exposure to HTTP protocol - codes, verbs, and basic architecture
- Minimal experience with VCS systems (preferably GIT)
- Knowledge about relational databases - how they work, common performance optimizations
- Basic knowledge of security aspects that could impact the code or data
- Elementary working experience with Gitlab or Github and CI/CD pipelines
- Good communication skills, fluent in English, German is a plus
- Inquisitive and adaptive to ever-changing environments
- Constant learner mindset
- Great attention to details
Willing to develop
- Caching systems knowledge - e.g. Redis, Varnish, Memcache
- Understanding of Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of REST APIs development
- A good understanding of other OOP programming languages
- Experience with frontend development frameworks
- Know-how of virtualization environments like Vagrant or Docker
- Open-source contributions or openly available personal portfolio
At Accesa you can
Join self-managed communities of IT experts that co-design their own learning programs.
Be part of a cell-based organization where we favor agility over rigid processes and freedom over control.
Enjoy a holistic benefits program which empowers your:
- Work-Life Balance: home office, flexible schedule, parenting workshops, vacation package
- Physical Well-being: in-house fitness instructor, themed workshops, nutrition counselling, private medical insurance
- Social Well-being: hobby clubs to support your passions, improve workshops, team building activities, social events
- Emotional Well-being: in-house certified coach, focus and mindfulness apps, emotional intelligence (EQ) workshops, CPI personality assessments
Join the team
Whether you’re interested in our services or you would like to learn more about our company, we are happy to provide you with the information you need.